New Topic Collection
Taking the Right Safety Precautions May Help Your Access to Fleet Insurance
Safety plays a prevalent place in the transportation industry, and for good reason. Technology is providing new and more comprehensive ways to keep vehicles and people safer. Federal and state governments are implementing safer practices. Businesses want to avoid the risk and high costs that unsafe transportation practices create.
With insurers raising rates and dropping coverage based on safety records and efforts, having a solid safety plan that is bolstered by the most current transportation safety equipment can help make your fleet more attractive to them. At Ryder, we offer discounts on the cost of fleet protection to business owners who outfit their vehicles with safety equipment that has proven results.
Learn more about our Protection Plans
10 Steps to a Safer Fleet
Following these steps helps ensure that you hire capable drivers, only allow eligible drivers to drive on company buisness, train them, supervise them, and maintain company vehicles properly. Adherence to these 10 steps can also help to keep your motor vehicle insurance costs as low as possible.
1) Senior Management Commitment & Employee Involvement
2) Written Policies and Procedures
3) Driver Agreements
4) Motor Vehicle Record (MVR Checks)
5) Crash Reporting and Investigation
6) Vehicle Selection, Maintenance, and Inspection
7) Disciplinary Action System
8) Reward/Incentive Program
9) Driver Training/Communication
10) Regulatory Compliance
Helping Drivers Arrive Safely Every Time
With Ryder and Lytx® our mission is to continuously provide value to our clients—whether you are just starting a trial, or are a long-time user of the Lytx DriveCam® safety program. Our comprehensive safety programs are consistently being updated with the latest features so our clients always get the most value.
Innovation Drives Results
Commercial fleets have trusted the Lytx DriveCam safety program to help protect their drivers and reputations for almost twenty years. Lytx pioneered the video-based safety solutions category, and since then we’ve continued to invest in innovative technologies and analytics to make the Lytx DriveCam safety program the most effective risk management and coaching tool available.
Clients renew their contracts with us because within months of using the program, they report seeing improvements in the driving behaviors that most impact collision rates and operational efficiency. It’s also because they know we’re 100% invested in helping them achieve their long-term goals.
For more information about how Lytx DriveCam can help your business, visit: www.lytx.com/ryderfleetriskservices
Reduce Claims Costs by Up to 80%
- The DriveCam® program can help reduce operating expenses, collision costs, property damage, auto liability, insurance premiums, and workers compensation claims
- When your drivers aren’t at fault in collisions, having video evidence can help exonerate them—saving their jobs and your company potentially millions of dollars
- The program can help fleets reduce fleet fuel consumption by 12 percent by managing inefficiencies caused by excessive idling, speeding, and other factors
Capture 12-20 Seconds of Video per Incident
- Our event recorders are programmed to capture and store only incidents that meet established criteria such as slamming on the brakes, swerving suddenly, and other risky behaviors.
- Lytx® experts review recorded incidents first so you can focus your time on the video clips of the most coachable moments
- If there’s a collision, video evidence can help settle claims faster—whether your drivers were in the right or wrong